Winter is definitely still on. And I like that. Or at least the idea of Winter: hot chocolate, watching slightly Christmasy movies with a happy ending (for everyone but the bad guy duh) like The Holiday, curled up with a blanket by the fireplace. That kind of Winter I love! Not the kind that blows you away when walking to work, ruins your umbrella and leaves you soaking wet for the day. That one I hate.
Anyway, this type of weather calls for nice, warm, cosy and comfy sweaters! I am truly a sucker for sweaters. This year I bought myself a black, 100% cashmere turtleneck sweater for the first time ever and I named it cashmore because hallelujah! I took it with me on my Paris citytrip (see my previous post) and paired it with black skinny jeans, black cut-out boots OR my burgundy Dr. Martens, Gucci belt, a gold necklace and camel coat. Cashmere sweaters are soft and warm but aren’t as thick as the regular, more oversized sweaters I usually go for which is perfect if you still want that ‘classy’ look.
1. Ashia alpaca-blend sweater, Acne Studios (€ 550 – SALE € 385)
2. Cashmere Turtle Neck Sweater, Uniqlo (€79,90 – SALE €49,90)
3. Collegiate Sweater, Tommy Jeans (€89,90)
4. Oversized Roll Neck Sweater, Zara (€39,95)
5. Mock Neck Sweater Beige, & Other Stories (€39)
1. ADIBREAK SWEAT, Adidas (€79,95)
2. Off the shoulder sweater, Pull & Bear (€25,99)
3. Warm Up Camel, Mumshandmade (€220)
4. Flag Cotton Crewneck Sweater, Ralph Lauren (€149)
5. Cable-Knit Sweater, Zara (€49,95)
As you see, my favorite knits are pretty much basic pieces. I am not a great fan of multicolored sweaters, because somehow they always manage to get one or two colors completely wrong (Yes, Zara I’m looking at you). I do however like an occasional big name on my sweater. It gives an old school vibe, which I quite appreciate from time to time, especially combined with some good old Dr. Martens.
P.s. I’m wearing the ‘Wrecking ball’ Dr. Martens 😉 – who remembers them?